Well, I think it is safe to say that the season has finally changed. Fall is in the air. I am a summer person, so the unseasonably hot days were like a dream come true to me. But, last Tuesday, when I walked my children up to the bus stop, I could feel the change. It was still beautiful outside, but the air was crisp…and it has stayed that way.
For me, fall is a challenge as far as fashion goes. Ok, any season can be a fashion challenge for me. My 6 year old has better fashion sense than I do. I really do love the carefree days of summer when a skirt and sandals can be considered dressy. My toes are too cold now and I don’t like to be cold, so I know it is time to change with the season and think about what will work for fall.
I think my biggest challenge is keeping things looking up-to-date and fresh and pulling an entire outfit together without spending a fortune. To get a better idea on what to do with things I might already have in my closet, I called my friend and stylist Dawn Fryxell from Lucky Girl Jewels and Styling for help. Dawn took a look at our fall line of shoes and boots at the store and pulled a few outfit ideas together for me and offered a few simple styling suggestions. I thought it would be fun to share Dawn’s suggestions…
* A belt over a cardigan or button up shirt is a sure way to emphasize your waist.
* Tall boots are a fall must have! Pair them with jeans or with a long flowy skirt.
* Layer, layer, layer this season! Put a sweater or cardigan over a shirt and then layer on a colorful or patterned scarf.
* Boot cut jeans work well on all body types. Go with a dark denim that can be dressed up or down.
* A fitted jacket is a perfect way to create a polished look. Pair with jeans and a great pair of boots!
* Try color this fall. Reds, jewel tones and marigold are this season’s most popular colors!
Below are a few of the outfit ideas that Dawn put together. The best news is that I can recycle what I already own using Dawn’s style tips. Now, I just need to get to the store and pick up some of our amazing new fall boots and shoes.
Daytime Look – Flowy floral skirt, with ruffled chiffon blouse, twill jacket and tall Valente boots by Blondo.
Classic Look – White shirt, plaid pants, denim jacket and the Gallery Ink booties by Clarks
Casual Day – Open front cardigan (belted), jeans and the Buffy bootie by Dansko
Dawn Fryxell is a personal stylist, who enjoys helping women feel beautiful in their own skin. For more information on Dawn Fryxell visit her at her Lucky Girl Jewels and Styling Facebook page. or contact her at email@example.com. To find shoes and boots for this season’s look or for classic fall styles, come on into a Schuler Shoes location and visit with one of our Shoe Fit Experts. We would love to see you!